17 December, 2011

Be Strong, Never Give Up Hope

Psalm 31:24 says, “Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD.” This is my verse of the day because of two very strong women, and their whole family, whom I met today. If you can remember back to a few posts, where I asked for prayer for different things, you’ll remember a girl I mentioned named Maddie. Well, today I got to meet her for the first time.
She currently is in the Hospital and recovering from surgery earlier this week. My friend invited me to come and see Maddie. I was hoping to go yesterday, but today she was feeling a lot better, so I made the trip to the hospital. Maddie was the first strong woman I saw that day. Before she had surgery, she had asked her pastor and others to come and pray with her, and now, even undergoing a lot of pain, she is holding fast to the prayer of those around her. What an amazing example of the importance of prayer in the Church.
The second woman of strength was Maddie’s mother. She had always been there for Maddie this whole time. She, and her husband, had been awake for almost the whole few days in the hospital, with very few hours of sleep. When I met Maddie’s mom for the first time today, I instantly knew she had a loving and caring heart, and when I heard about the sacrifices she had been making the past few days, I understood that she was also a strong lady.
Maddie’s whole family have been supporting her this whole time, when times were tough, and also when things just needed prayer. I believe that God works all things together for good (The good of those who love Him), and I can see the closeness of this family drawing together through this event, and just the affection being passed from one member to another. It is amazing to see God work in times where it doesn’t even make sense why these things would happen.
For those of you who don’t know this, I used to be a part of the band, “Heads Up Alabama” before our name was stolen by a Psychology group in Alabama. However, I have been writing a song about Maddie and her situation recently. I hope to finish writing and recording it pretty soon.
God works in so many ways. He works by reminding us that He has the stars in His hand, and yet cares for us, and He works through the face of a little girl who is relying, only, on the grace of God. How Great is Our God – Forsake All

No comments:

Post a Comment