21 December, 2011

May it Never Be!


Romans 6:1-2 says, “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?”
This has been on my mind because of its constant application in my life. Lately, I have been struggling with a sort of “Thorn in the flesh” that keeps causing me to sin. I have been thinking of the possibility to completely rid myself of this thorn in the flesh, but so far, all my ideas haven’t completely taken away the temptation.
I’m tired of my continual sin. You see words on a blog page, but really, I am pretty upset about my constant decision to disobey my God and even my parents. I wish there was a way to be completely unbound by sin, where it had no hold over me. If there was a possibility that sin couldn’t have a hold on me, then I think I could mustard up the control and will to do the right thing. But listen to this…
Romans 6 goes on to say, in verses 17-18, “But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.”
We have been set free from sin, but for some reason, we don’t live like it. This verse tells us that everything I wish we could do, like being set free from sin’s hold, has indeed happened. God has set us free from sin, and He has equipped us with armor to withstand the blows that the devil throws at us.
If we can conclude that we have been set free from sin, and have become slaves to righteousness, then we can say that we are apart of God’s team, and not Satan’s. Also, if we can say that we continue to fall into sin, then we need to address our armor and see where the leaks are where the firry darts are getting through.
We need to put up our guard against the enemy, or else, it will feel like we are still under his control. My urge is for you and I to get into the Word and have enough faith, peace, truth, and joy to withstand the devil. I believe that God can save us from evil, because of His love and also because of the tools He has given us. Now one question still remains.
Can we, being humans, be perfect? What’s my answer to that? I guess I’m going to have to find out! – Forsake All

(PS. Romans Six is a great passage if you are dealing with sin. I would encourage you to read it constantly and be reminded that God has set you free from whatever you think is holding you back from Him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment