06 January, 2012

Rock Bottom's Ascension


Can I be honest? Can I truly say what is hurting my heart? It’s my own life. I recently received a comment from a friend saying that she/he is enjoying the blog and how I challenge people to live differently then the regular and average person. But can I say that I am the one that needs to be convicted? I am the worst among sinners, and should have no authority to write these blog posts. Would you believe me if I told you that I mistake myself as a prisoner to sin and to the lusts of the flesh? Well believe me.
Any normal teenage guy, and sometimes even girl, will tell you the certain struggles they have with the Internet and with the lusts of the flesh. Let me tell you that I have reached rock bottom, and sit there waiting for an escape. I write to you to tell you that I am now here to write to myself, and anyone who feels the same way. If there is something in your life, whether it be selfishness, jealousy, lust, or anything like that, and you want to completely rid it from your heart, the read on. This is mainly for my fellow men in the battle of temptation of the waiting years.
When something is burdening your heart, you can read the Bible and almost everything is secretly telling you to get rid of the sin in your life. Well, let me say that I feel the same way often. Psalms 6:4 says, “Return, O LORD, rescue my soul; Save me because of Your lovingkindness” Why is that my heart drives the tears falling from my eyes when I read these words? The sin in my life is way to overpowering, I can no longer stand it. This verse is David singing, “God, I have reached the bottom, but because of who You are, please save me.” God’s essence is love, and He reaches out to us when we are at our lowest points. My friends, no place is too low for the Love of Christ to reach, for He has form and fashioned all things, even the lows.
Romans 8:12-14 says thus, “So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” How much I pretend that I am still in bondage to my flesh. When I give into lust and temptation, I proclaim that I am enslaved to the sin, which I commit. It has a hold on me, or at least it weighs me down.
How beautiful would it be if His people rose from their graves and embrace life, which is in the arms of Christ? 1st John 5:3 says, “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.” Can I honestly say that I don’t love Him that much? Where disobeying my former master, flesh, is undesirable. But I ask God that He would take me and form me so that my heart is pure. Matthew 5:8 says, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.”
God, I wish I was pure in Heart. My brethren, pray for conformity to the will of God, as I do. Believe me, if you think that life is tough and there is no way to regain strength, trust me, God reaches out His hand. If you feel like you have reached rock bottom in your sin, don’t be so sure that you won’t be raised again. God has a will and plan for your life. I speak to myself when I say this: Turn from your sin and pursue Christ. The song by ForsakeAll1433 says, “Why do you continue to run to what will end you?” It’s so much better to turn around and embrace grace, because it feels better than a hug from the most long distant friend possible.
God is madly in love with you, and the way you can love Him back is by conforming to His heart, so everything you desire, will be a part of His will. – Forsake All

No comments:

Post a Comment