08 September, 2012

My Faith is Incomplete


Genesis 19:15-16 says, “15 When the morning dawned, the angels urged Lot to hurry, saying, “Arise, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be consumed in the punishment of the city.” 16 And while he lingered, the men took hold of his hand, his wife’s hand, and the hands of his two daughters, the Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city.”
I have been reading through Genesis and have been really relating myself to Abraham and Lot. They seem to have so much faith in God, but in some very important places in their lives they seem to leave faith behind and take up human reasoning. In this issue, Lot was so overwhelmed by the loss of all his possessions in his city. He was going to lose everything, save his life and the life of his family.
He tried to save future extended family and even maybe some of his sons (Verse 12). However, the next morning, he lost all hope. One of the things that touched my heart is the part of the passage where Moses writes, “the Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city.” It literally says that the angels grabbed the hands of his family that was with him and took them to safety.
How many times in my life have I had to say, “My faith is incomplete. Lord, grab my hand and take me to Your will”? I am ashamed to say that I live by sight and not by faith. Yes. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sin, and I have faith that He is coming again to reign, but in my everyday life, I live in the rational of a human being. All this to say; I believe in the impossible. What a limited life.
I look at mountains and I pull out my list of reasons why the mountain shouldn’t move and absolutely can’t even budge. There are so many explanations for why the mountain must remain in it’s original place, but why then would Jesus come and say, “truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move (Matthew 17:20).” Not only does He stop here, but just in the next breath, Jesus says, “nothing will be impossible to you.”
“No Jesus, You don’t understand,” says myself. “You have to understand that on Earth we have rules and we have reasoning that must be understood. Mountains don’t move and something are truly impossible. Please get Your facts right.” How silly it is for a doll to explain the rules of crafting to its Creator.
Instead, we should understand that we may not understand the earth and all the things that can go on. Maybe the rules are held in the hands of God loosely. There is so much I don’t know about what faith can do, all I can do is to pray that God would take my hand to go to the place I need to be to learn.
God, take my hand and lead me – Forsake All

2 comments:

  1. When God is for us, WHO can be against us?! Keep seeking and you will find. God is faithful to the promises in His Word! AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement! This is so true, and in my own life I have such a hard time trying to remember all that God has done in my life. I need to start keeping track for those times of doubt. Thanks again for your words!

      Delete