20 September, 2012

Project Faith: Rob Wegner


   Deuteronomy 8:14 says, “be careful that your heart doesn’t become proud and you forget the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the place of slavery.”
   The Lord brought me near when I was young and I became a Christian by the grace of God, not by anything that I had done.
   God blessed us when we were moving around a lot with amazing friends and kept us safe so that no real harm came to our family. I praise God that He did because of our young family (age 1-7).
   When I came to Texas, God blessed me with more friends and a great church to connect with.
   When we began to adopt my little sister, Johanna, from China, God was gracious and provided all the money that we needed to get her, and without debt. This happened again with the next two Adoptions. However, when we adopted Kali, we didn’t have the assurance we used to have because of loss in certain financial aid. God still showed He was greater than all odds when He provided through Carwashes and Garage Sales. God is good to us!
   God changed my life through a man named “Mr. Bob” and through his death, God called me to be the man I needed to be. Age 12.
   God has been wrecking my heart, changing pride into humbleness, and learning how to love Him above all else… He is still perfecting me, and will until everlasting joy.
   Through all my petty and stupid relationships, God showed that He was the only that truly loved me, more than I could have ever imagined. So long I was deceived that running into the arms another was better than running into the arms of God, but God said that home was still where He was; no where else mattered.
   God was there when I struggled with depression, suicide, and other deadly sins. I have found that He still loves more than I ever thought He could. His forgiveness covers my sin and washes me clean in order for the Wedding.
   When I was sure that God never cared or even loved me, He came and took hold of my eyes, and said, “Son, here I Am.”
   When I was sure that God wasn’t near nor interested in me, He said, “Son, I’m right here.”
   When I tried to make myself clean before trusting in Christ through an intense struggle with legalism, God said, “I Am Perfection.”
   This is just the beginning of all that God has done in my life. He has saved me and every step of the way He has been changing my heart to look more like His.
    Praise God for His love and mercy that I never thought was real, but now I can’t explain any other reason for this life.
   

    If you're wondering what Project: Faith is, be sure to check the link out to find more about it! Once you have discovered what it is, I encourage you to also make a list, kinda like this one! Thanks - Forsake All

<!--[if !supportLists]-->

No comments:

Post a Comment